Important Issue When Re-Booting! READ THIS PLEASE!

Having problems? Perhaps others have had similar issues. Post HydroFLASH technical issues here.

Important Issue When Re-Booting! READ THIS PLEASE!

Postby Support » Thu May 02, 2013 3:34 pm

We discovered a bug in that will cause HydroFLASH to corrupt it's memory settings preventing it from booting correctly.
This issue affects both Wired and WiFi devices that have Ver 1.01.39 and lower.
You can determine your version by browsing to the the Firmware Upload page on your browser or examining your log file via the Mobile App at the top of the log.

TAKE CARE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO THE NETWORK SETTINGS!

When making ANY changes to the network settings that prompt you that a "Reboot is required" BE SURE YOU USE THE REBOOT LINK ON THE WEB PAGE to reboot the device!

If you power cycle the device to reboot and then make additional changes to the Network Settings page that is still showing on your browser and attempt to save them, it will corrupt the device settings making your HydroFLASH unusable.

UNTIL YOU UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO THE LATEST VERSION, ALWAYS REFRESH YOUR BROWSER BY CLICKING THE STATUS LINK ON THE WEB PAGE FOLLOWING A POWER CYCLE INCLUDING FIRMWARE UPDATES.

Please upload the latest firmware to correct this issue. Please look for the firmware update for your device type (Wired or WiFI) on main page of the forum.
Last edited by Support on Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: Serious Issue When Re-Booting! READ THIS PLEASE!

Postby LiteNWaterUser » Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks for the good info!
LiteNWaterUser

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Important Issue When Re-Booting! READ THIS PLEASE!

Postby root » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:19 pm

I have downloaded the firmware update but it tries to modify my TED 5000 (The Energy Detective) which must use a similar program. I cannot get it to update my wifi HydroFlash.
root

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Important Issue When Re-Booting! READ THIS PLEASE!

Postby Support » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Did you follow the instructions for loading the firmware into HydroFLASH?

1. Open Web browser to HydroFLASH.
2. Click the Upload Firmware link and Log In.
3. Click the Choose File button and browse to the location where you Unzipped the image.bin file.
4. Select the file.
5. Click the Upload button and Wait for the Upload Successful message to show up. (Later versions will automatically re-boot)

Repeat the above process for the backup.bin file after successfully uploading and rebooting HydroFLASH.

Let me know if this solves your issue.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to Bug Reports