More flexible Watering start times

Have a suggestion for a new feature? Voice your thoughts here.

More flexible Watering start times

Postby Noircogi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd like to be able to have my watering cycles run an hour before sunrise etc. That sort of thing is easy to do for insteon-connected devices, but not for watering at present.

Thanks,
Scott
Noircogi

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: More flexible Watering start times

Postby tim » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:28 am

I'm a new user who just installed HydroFLASH last week for my irrigation system. I also have my low voltage light hooked up with transformers so I can use them on the same controller as my watering zones.

Please add the capability you have with Insteon to the water irrigation zones.
tim

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby saejin » Sun May 03, 2015 1:26 am

I agree with Scott on the desire to put watering based upon sundown and sunup. I am not sure what the code is, but given the GPS location, and the date and time, I am sure the controller could no when sun up and sun down is.
saejin

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Postby WitteGeek402 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:26 pm

This should be able to happen now, if I understand scene's correctly.

Water Every X days Example under irrigation controls. "Copy exact" and go to the start times adjustment. :)
WitteGeek402

Mobile App Type: Android
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby saejin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:37 am

Wittegeek,

First I have to say, I dislike any categorization by race which your user name seems to imply.
More to the point of your comment.

"This should be able to happen now, if I understand scene's correctly.
Water Every X days Example under irrigation controls. "Copy exact" and go to the start times adjustment. "

There is currently no way to set the controller, for example, to water 1 hour after sunset.
You may pick a time, but the time of sunset will not very this time. I have a controller that you enter the longitude and latitude as part of setup.
The controller then uses the character S for sunset and s for sunrise. You can enter times like 3:10S which would be 3 hours and 10 minutes before sunrise, or s1:40 which would be 1 hour and 40 minutes after sunset.
saejin

Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Postby WitteGeek402 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Saejin. First, Witte is my last name and geek is a label that I believe describes me. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek So, no offence intended. When in doubt, I find starting with assuming positive intent. As such, I'm assuming your note to me was intended to make me see how I could have been offensive to others. Please PM me and explain as I'm still not sure. :)

So I should explain by how I would do this now instead of a brief comment I'm going to try to be more user friendly. I can't do this in the mobile app. Maybe its possible and I'm just not good enough. So I log into the hydroflash on my LAN with my PC.
I go to to insteon programs and then edit scenes.
Here is my scene to water every 3 days.
WATERCYCLE, RUN, NONE, EVERYXDAYS; 3; 5/1/2015, 1
Save it with a scene name.
Next head over to Scene Programs.
Add your Scene under selected Scene and choose, under start time options, the plus or minus sunrise (or sunset) that you desire. The time in start time, offset time should be the difference in the time you need.

Happy watering. :)
WitteGeek402

Mobile App Type: Android
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to Feature Requests