Add Check Boxes In Column Header

Have a suggestion for a new feature? Voice your thoughts here.

Add Check Boxes In Column Header

Postby mc7 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm

If you have 15 zones, that's a lot of check boxes to click on in each column. It would be very useful to add a check box up at the top of each column at the column header such that checking this single box on or off does the same for all underlying boxes within this column. Want all 15 zones clicked on? Now it's simple - just click the top box (all on/off). Want all 15 zones EXCEPT zone 8? click the top box to check 'em all, then unclick the zone 8 box. Two clicks rather than 14 !
mc7

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Re: Add Check Boxes In Column Header

Postby mc7 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Been about 20 months since I made this suggestion and no replies, not even from support. Am I the only person who finds when setting up watering programs on the computer that there are far too many check boxes?

For example, my system has 15 zones. With 7 days in a week, that's 15 zones per day, per program. Wouldn't it be helpful to have a default check on/off box included within each day (top row, blue field w/ yellow text)? Checking this ONE box would by default check all zones beneath that particular day. Want all 15 zones for Monday EXCEPT zone 2? Easy - just two boxes need to be checked - the top default (that checks off all underlying boxes) and a second click to uncheck Monday zone 2. Want to uncheck all zone boxes for Wednesday? Simple - one click on the Wednesday box and all Wednesday zones are cleared. Nothing checked for Friday? One click on Friday's check box and now all zones are checked.

Keep in mind, with 4 possible programs, there's lots and lots of check boxes when you have a lot of zones to setup.

Maybe by 2017 we can see this added?
mc7

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Return to Feature Requests