Allow access to Cloud from computer

Have a suggestion for a new feature? Voice your thoughts here.

Allow access to Cloud from computer

Postby manjitsahota » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 pm

I am installing HydroFLASH at my rental property where I am piggybacking on my tenants WiFi network. So, port forwarding on their router is really not an option. I can easily control HydroFLASH from my iPhone, but I cannot install any firmware updates using the iPhone (I think). Therefore, I need access to HydroFLASH from my computer on a remote network. It seems to me that you can easily write an app for a Mac (and PC too) that would allow complete remote access to HydroFLASH using your already existing cloud. Or perhaps users can access HydroFLASH by logging onto the cloud.
manjitsahota

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: Allow access to Cloud from computer

Postby briangray » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I add a +1 to this. There are times when I may not have my iPhone on hand, but I would want to access my HydroFLASH from an Internet browser somewhere.
briangray

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby mwilson » Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Or how about an automatic update function on the actual controller? Allow user control to enable/disable auto updating and the time of day for doing so. This way those with multiple installations will save considerable time.
mwilson

Postby erob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:09 am

I thought there was remote PC access without port forwarding through the cloud. I may be interested in purchasing a lot more of these devices in the future if that were available.
erob

Postby Support » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Currently the Mobile App is the method to interface with HydroFLASH remotely via the Cloud. We are adding additional settings to the Mobile App to allow more of the settings to be controlled via the app. We are still considering other options for the Web interface, and looking at options to allow you to update firmware remotely via the Mobile App.

Thanks
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Postby Papachuck » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:26 pm

I just purchased a HydroFlash wired version and installed the Iphone app. I can control the hydroflash with my phone as long as I am inside my wireless network. I can not access the hydroflash while outside my network.. I cannot seem to find any settings that will allow this. Please help
Papachuck

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Postby Support » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi,

After adding the controller to your Mobile App, while on your local network, you must press the "Pair" button on the mobile app controller edit screen.
There will be a brief exchange between your Mobile App and your HydroFLASH device and it will fill in the "Location Description" field and your HydroFLASH UID value.
At that point the button on the controller edit screen will switch from "Direct" to "Cloud".
Then press the Save button and you should be all set to access from the cloud from any location you have Internet access.

Edit the controller entry on the mobile app and ensure you hit the Pair Button, and ensure you have it set to Cloud and then hit Save.

Contact Support via email if you need further assistance or follow up here on your success.

Thanks,
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Return to Feature Requests