test email

Have a suggestion for a new feature? Voice your thoughts here.

Re: test email

Postby WitteGeek402 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Yup. Looks like it does. From http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/124289.htm#

Before you begin:
You'll need the following email settings:
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465 Why is this important?
Make sure SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
For more email and remote access configuration options see Verizon Online Email Settings

Others have used various SMTP servers and relays if thier ISP requires authentication. Support might be a better contact here as they have helped others in the past.
WitteGeek402

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby mc7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 am

I too am using Verizon FiOS and never receive email. Due to anti-spam SSL may be the problem. If so, please tell us what is being done and when we can expect resolution.

Having to resort to a third party emailer is not helping us. The logical solution is to get this fixed. I have other products which successfully push emails using Verizon, gmail, etc. so I know this is possible.

I'm late to the party, but it seems this has been discussed here for far too long.

Do you have the ability to fix this or is this the way this will remain?
mc7

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Postby Support » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi,

The simple answer is 'yes' we are going to upgrade HydroFLASH software so that it will support SSL for email.

While some may not be 'happy' with the fact that HydroFLASH currently does not support SSL for email, there is a work around which has been provided using the mysendmail service which is free. (The manual clearly states the currently supported email authentication methods).

Here is the reality of things. We have been working hard on a number of features that provide increased value to HydroFLASH at no additional cost to our customers, with various software updates.....and more are coming. It comes down to priorities of feature improvements. We recently added Scenes (including watering scenes), NOAA Forecast / Preemptive Rain Delay, Automatic run time adjustments for temperature, Android push notifications, event processing and more. We are currently adding in Apple push notifications, personal weather station options, plus wind and humidity options and more.

Not only do the above efforts above take considerable amounts of time to implement and test on HydroFLASH, but the mobile apps must be move forward at the same time with all the changes necessary to support the new improvements.

Some of these efforts are done serially and email improvements is on the list, so please hang in there and be patient for a bit longer.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Team
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Postby mc7 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm not against paying for new feature releases as this provides a necessary incoming revenue stream to fund development. This helps a business grow. However, bug fixes should always be at no cost to the consumer and patches need to be released in between new feature releases.

I would urge fixing bugs and getting advertised features properly functioning be the top priority. Get the code stable and then add on to your code - otherwise it becomes a house of cards.

Let us know please a time table for SSL.
mc7

Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: No

Postby Support » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:40 pm

However, bug fixes should always be at no cost to the consumer and patches need to be released in between new feature releases.

The SSL functionality is not considered a bug. It is a future feature. HydroFLASH make no claims as to support SSL for email in any advertisements or other formal representations.

From the HydroFLASH Manual page 8.
Note: HydroFLASH does not currently support SSL using TLS. (required to send mail if you use Gmail as your outgoing server) It is recommended to use your local internet provider’s SMTP settings for this field as they most always allow for the other standards which HydroFLASH supports. We are looking to add the SSL/TLS at a future date. The following login protocols are currently supported for outgoing email:

Digest-MD5
CRAM-MD5
LOGIN
PLAIN

I would urge fixing bugs and getting advertised features properly functioning be the top priority. Get the code stable and then add on to your code

If you are having stability issues unrelated to the SSL question at at hand, please contact support@hydroflash.net so we can help.

Let us know please a time table for SSL

We hope to have something implemented in the next 4-6 weeks.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Team
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Previous

Return to Feature Requests