HydroFLASH Feature Update List

Have a suggestion for a new feature? Voice your thoughts here.

Which of the features do you want implemented first?

Scenes - Ability to create a scene that allows multiple devices to be configured from a single button press.
13%
Event Triggering - Ability to have a specific device trigger other devices or scenes. Events would include (On, Off, Fast On, Fast Off)
13%
Watering reductions based on local temperature history.
17%
Expand Settings page to include additional items from web interface.
No votes
Fix iPhone retention of custom button layout and mislabel of Start Time in watering program settings.
No votes
Add additional information to Status page (forecast data, rain accumulation, temperature history, next scheduled watering cycle, etc)
25%
Public API - Expose set of commands via the Ethernet interface that allows basic control of HydroFLASH from other home automation systems.
13%
Allow custom naming of programs.
17%
Provide integrated SMTP server for HydroFLASH users to simplify emailing of log files.
4%

Total votes : 24

HydroFLASH Feature Update List

Postby Support » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:51 pm

We have put together a list of proposed feature enhancements to give some visibility into what is coming in future releases. This list will be updated / added to as needed based on user feedback. We categorized the features by related type and by priority of implementation under each. Several of these are already in work. If we missed something please let us know. We added a poll to see which of the items has the most importance and will use that to help prioritize the implementation.

Insteon Related
1. Scenes - Ability to create a scene that allows multiple devices to be configured from a single button press.
2. Event Triggering - Ability to have a specific device trigger other devices or scenes. Events would include (On, Off, Fast On, Fast Off)

Weather Related
1. Watering reductions based on local temperature history.

Mobile App
1. Expand Settings page to include additional items from web interface.
2. Fix iPhone retention of custom button layout and mislabel of Start Time in watering program settings.

Web Page
1. Add additional information to Status page (forecast data, rain accumulation, temperature history, next scheduled watering cycle, etc)

Other
1. Public API - Expose set of commands via the Ethernet interface that allows basic control of HydroFLASH from other home automation systems.
2. Allow custom naming of programs.
3. Provide integrated SMTP server (via the cloud server) for HydroFLASH users to simplify emailing of log files.
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: HydroFLASH Feature Update List

Postby NightOwl326 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:27 am

Thank you very much for your latest firmware release as you are making me so glad to be a Hydroflash customer. Please roll out "Watering reductions based on local temperature history" be it in a beta or a full release soon and you guys will be my Heroes. ( I would like this feature while it is still blazing hot ).
NightOwl326

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby artthiel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you for providing a voting format and keeping us customers in the loop on new features. Allowing scenes and renaming of programs, the current leaders in voting very much is in my interest also.
artthiel

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby WitteGeek402 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:30 am

I just want to say how awesome the update list has been. I have been thrilled with the updates and the response from Support since I have had this product for a year. Amazing new features. I love it.
WitteGeek402

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to Feature Requests