Irrigation Scheduling

Discussions related to Watering, Schedules etc.

Irrigation Scheduling

Postby tango » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:37 pm

When creating a watering program, is it necessary to check all of the boxes for the days of the week even when I select Even days or Odd days in the system settings. I looked at my log from last night and noticed the program did not run. I have to assume it is the boxes under days of the week that caused the problem. Can you confirm I need to select those boxes as well? Also, I use Zone 16 for a master pump. Other than selecting use master valve in system settings, do I need to check anything in the watering program for it run properly?

Thanks!
tango

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Irrigation Scheduling

Postby Support » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi,

Since odd/even days can occur on different days of the week you will need to first determine how many times you want to water each week. If you are watering every day that it odd (or Even) select all the days (check the check box). If you wanted to water 2 days a week on using odd (or even) then you would check back to back days in pairs for the 2 days you wished to water. For example, you want to water 2 days a week:

Check boxes - Mon,Tue and Thu,Fri - It will then water on the days you selected (lets assume you selected odd) that are odd calender days twice per week.

You can customize the odd even selection for each station on the settings page. This is also where you need to set the 'Use Master Valve' for each station AND set the global Master Valve option.

HydroFLASH is highly configurable and you can even set a single station to Water' Any day' (say if it is a drip system) as some ordinances for odd even watering don't apply to drip systems.

If you are using version HydroFLASH version 2.0.X we now support watering scripts allowing you to create even more flexible watering options that can even specify which calender day to water on. This is a bit more advanced and there is information on how to do this on the Insteon Programs page under Edit Scenes and available in the update manual which you can download from the forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9

Hope this helps.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby tango » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

So for the master valve, the only place I need to configure is the system settings. I do not need to make any check marks on the watering programs page?
tango

Postby Support » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Well there are a number of "check marks" on the Watering Programs page for different things. So if you question is "Are there any check marks needed related to using the Master Valve on the the Watering Programs page" The answer is no. All Master Valve options are on the System Settings page in 2 places. One is:

When checked, this valve will be turned ON with any station selected in Valve Options below.
Enable Master Valve (#16):

And then again for each of the stations that you want to use the Master Valve in the station list at the bottom of the page where you also set the Even/Odd/AnyDays options.

Hope this makes it more clear.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Postby tango » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Perfect! Thank you! I'm sure I'll have follow on questions for the Insteon. My modem isn't being recognized. I'll eventually post in the correct forum.

Thanks again!
tango

Postby Support » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Just be sure you have not added the Insteon Modem Address to the Insteon Devices / Address list. This is not required.

Only end controlled or sensor devices are added to this list.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Return to Irrigation Controls