Master Valve

Discussions related to Watering, Schedules etc.

Master Valve

Postby ictjayhawk » Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 am

Some of the zones on my sprinkler system are controlled by a master valve to supply water from my well. Other zones use city water and are not controlled by a master valve. It appears the master valve control in settings operates when any zone runs. Is there a work around for this?
ictjayhawk

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Master Valve

Postby Support » Wed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi,

That's an interesting set up. Did you previously have two controllers interfaced to your system with one configured to run with a master valve and the other system as standard? I would be interested to know how this was managed previously.

To answer your question, there is currently no provision to allow selective use of the Master valve per station assignment. That said, it would be possible to add a 'Use Master Valve' check box for each station vs the global setting. This would require changes to the software baseline to support it. It sounds like your system is a bit unique in it's needs and we would like to get some feedback from others that are using the Master Valve option to see if this would be a beneficial change to the functionality of the standard software (to support customization per valve).
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby ictjayhawk » Tue May 28, 2013 1:08 pm

My previous controller was a Rain Bird ESP-LX+ This was the controller that was installed with my sprinkler system about 12 years ago. It provided the ability to assign a master valve relay or pump start relay to each station.
I own a landscape company and we install a number of systems that require this feature. In my particular residential system, the relay activates the pump on the well when the system is using the well, as opposed to city water.
I would consider this a very important feature. I am testing the HydroFlash in anticipation of being able to recommend it to our customers because it would provide us a great deal of flexibility in managing residential systems. Please let me know if you have any questions as well as the possibility of adding the "Use Master Valve" check box for each station. The sooner the better on this addition.
ictjayhawk

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby Support » Tue May 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Jim,

Per our phone conversation we decided to implement the master valve options and have you Beta test a version. Once validated we will update the latest version of HydroFLASH to have this option. We will modify the table in Settings named "Station and Flow Rate Assignments" to include a "Use Master Valve" column. We will remove the single check box for the Global Master Valve in the current version.

Will advise when we have a beta version for you to test.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to Irrigation Controls