Insteon control of ceiling fans

Discussions related to Insteon Devices, Scheduling, etc.

Insteon control of ceiling fans

Postby xuv224 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:36 am

I would like to add an Insteon ceiling fan/light module, 2475F, to my system along with a 6 button keypad link to control the lights (top and bottom button) and the 4 fan speeds (4 center buttons). I want to make sure this module is supported by Hydroflash. In the add device options only 4 device types are listed. Does that mean this module is not supported, or possibly only the dimmer function (not the fan speeds)?
xuv224

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: Insteon control of ceiling fans

Postby Support » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 am

Hi,

We will take a look at the functionality requirements and advise shortly.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both

Postby Support » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 pm

We looked into the Fan control and in order to use it we will need to add in additional commands to control the fan portion of the device. It appears that the light portion (dimmer) conforms to the standard 'dimmable' light device messages. Adding the additional commands is not that difficult however the greater effort is adding the specific additional controls for the fan module to the Mobile Device and Web interface.

We will get one in house to evaluate and let you know. There are currently changes in play that will update the firmware in HF along with the web interface to provide additional functionality for device events, scenes and thermostats so perhaps we can roll this in following that.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both

Postby JRM » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:14 am

Hi,

I am also adding a Insteon ceiling fan/light module 2475F and 2322-382 FanLinc Button Kit to my system and would love to control it from my HydroFlash. Please let me know when/if you roll this out

Thank you

Jrm
JRM

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android

Return to Insteon Controls