Thermostat ...

Discussions related to Insteon Devices, Scheduling, etc.

Thermostat ...

Postby Mikedr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 am

First, let me say how impressed I am with Hydroflash. It just works. I find that technology doesn't live up to its selling points, but HF does.

Now, my q. If i do a thermostat, how does HF control it? Really what I want is to set the aC or heat to a given temp. Possible?
Mikedr

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Thermostat ...

Postby Support » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for the good words! We are always working to improve.

Regarding the Thermostat, we realized that we had very limited functionality with the current version of software which basically only let you schedule Thermostats to be on or off in AUTO mode with the last temperature values used. You could manually control it and change modes temps etc. but not create a scheduled profile.

That said we have implemented a number of changes in the latest software and HydroFLASH now has a Insteon Program Page just for Thermostats so you can schedule Time, Mode, Temp at your liking. You can create programs for weekdays and different programs for weekends. Additionally we added support for motion sensors and scene macros so you can even have the Thermostat turn on and set the temperature to a desired value if the room is occupied and then turn off if no movement is detected after a user specified time....fun stuff.

The latest software is due to be posted to the Forum in Beta for those who want to give it some test driving and provide feedback before its formal release. We had hoped to post it tomorrow (Monday the 7th) but are still finishing up some testing and tweaks so is may be a day or two longer at most.

All registered forum users will receive an email when it is posted to the Forum.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to Insteon Controls