Controlling a Scene

Discussions related to Insteon Devices, Scheduling, etc.

Controlling a Scene

Postby Elucidate » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:48 pm

I've created a scene to control various lights in the house. The scene assigns on/off times differently depending on the light. The example scripts seem very clear and understandable. What is not clear is how do I actually control the scene in the Scene Programs page. If the start times in the script are variable what time do I enter into the programs pages? Do I leave populated with zeros? If so how does the script get executed? Or maybe I can't mix start and times? Thx HFT!
Elucidate

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: iPhone
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: Controlling a Scene

Postby Elucidate » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Okay. I think I'm getting this. The scripts aren't loaded in memory at run time so when running a scene you have to run it at every instance there is a change in a time for an event within the script.
Elucidate

Mobile App Type: iPhone

Re: Controlling a Scene

Postby Support » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi,

There are multiple ways to schedule Insteon devices to turn on or off.

1. The simplest way is to use the 'Device Programs' page to schedule the on or off times of individual devices.

2. Scenes can be used to control a number of devices at a scene execution time. This is done using the 'Scene Programs' page after creating a scene script. You would then schedule the Scene to run just like the Device Programs interface.

Inside the Scene script there are additional filter criteria (if desired) using a "time window" value that would further filter the execution of a device action based on that time window. This feature allows scenes to have different behavior based on the "time" that the scene script is executed.

Hope this helps.

Brooks
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Return to Insteon Controls