Insteon stopped working.

Discussions related to Insteon Devices, Scheduling, etc.

Insteon stopped working.

Postby Mikedr » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 am

I'm losing faith in Insteon. We leave our residence unattended for six months. Sometime in mid-October, I noticed that Insteon programs completely stopped working.

We're back now, and I rebooted the modem and the HF unit. No dice. Bought a new modem. Plugged it in, rebooted HF. No dice.

What could possibly be wrong now? I have four Insteon controls, and I'm loathe to start buying new ones to replace the existing ones. Maybe time to find a different solution other than HF?
Mikedr

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Insteon stopped working.

Postby Mikedr » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:41 am

If I can make a suggestion -- HF really needs to step up the Z-Wave integration if they want to stay relevant in the HA game. Insteon is just not built for prime time. Have read too many other posts on other forums of things just dying. I'll be migrating away from Insteon and HF immediately.
Mikedr

Postby Support » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 am

Mike

I am sorry you are having an issue with your setup. It is unlikely that it is the individual insteon devices. Since you replaced the serial modem is Hydroflash statusing your devices but not able to control them? Or does it show No Status on all your devices?

We would be happy to help you via the phone so if you would send an email to support we can set up a good time to call you and help.

Remember that the support email is the fastest way to receive help vs posting here on the forum in most cases that are of this nature.

Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby Mikedr » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:12 am

Thanks. I'll try to call later this week. I'm getting no status on everything. I have a suspicion that the HF serial port got fried somehow.
Mikedr

Return to Insteon Controls