Socket closed by remote peer

Discussions related to using the iPhone with HydroFLASH.

Socket closed by remote peer

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Every once in a while I get the error message from the Iphone app of :Socket closed by remote peer. Then my watering stations disappear. I click on the controllers button and back on the manual button or the water program button and it will come up again. Any idea what causes this? It will happen when I am on a cellular network or while on WIFI at my home (the same network where the controller is). I bought the wifi version btw. Thanks
Dave

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Socket closed by remote peer

Postby gizmoboy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm getting this right now and my app won't pair with my controller (had to replace my iPhone, and the settings much have been lost).

Any guidance on how to resolve it?
gizmoboy

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Socket closed by remote peer

Postby Support » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Looks like two issues here so will address each differently.
(Gizmoboy)
The pairing issue requires you be on your local network. If you have entered the correct local IP address and the correct password it should successfully pair. When you add a controller to the mobile app it will fill in the default values including password. If you have changed the log in password on HF from the default (web page log in) then you will need to enter that password in the app. Verify you can log into the web page on HF with your password.

Also if you have saved the controller to your mobile without successfully pairing, try deleting it and adding again.

(Dave)
The error you are seeing is related to a network error. Can you try setting your option on your mobile app to 'direct' vs 'cloud' when on your local network and advise if the issue goes away? The goal here is to help identify where the error is happening. Remember that even if you are on your local network, traffic is sent out and back through the cloud.

Let me know your results.
Thanks
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Return to iPhone Mobile App