Firmware Update Fail

Having problems? Perhaps others have had similar issues. Post HydroFLASH technical issues here.

Firmware Update Fail

Postby mousebouse » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:07 am

I updated my Hydroflash to new firmware and now the unit will not stop rebooting. It shows "Hydroflash: Booting" then blinks and shows "Hydroflash" and then back to rebooting. Tried pulling plug several times and same thing. My Hydroflash is bricked. :cry:
mousebouse

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: Firmware Update Fail

Postby Support » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:21 am

Please send support@hydroflash.net a good contact number and we will call you now.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby Support » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Follow up to this post:

User accidentally uploaded the firmware 'image.bin' file to the standard file system using the File Management link vs using the Upload Firmware link. This resulted in filling up the available file space. The new firmware was subsequently uploaded correctly however when it executed was unable to create the additional files required for the latest version since there was no file space remaining and was throwing an error causing the reboot.

Resolution:
Forced backup recovery using factory jumper setting.
Deleted the partial erroneous image.bin file from the file system using ftp client
(Ver 2.0 and above supports file deletion via File Management browser interface)
Rebooted and all worked as expected.

Future release will have check to prevent uploading image.bin file to file system and additionally trap the file error should that ever occur.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Team
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby mousebouse » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks to Brooks the issue was resolved quickly. Still not sure how it happened, but I did learn how to hard reset the unit. That's a plus! The service and help could not have been any better. Thanks again and my Hydroflash is a great product! :D
mousebouse

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Return to Bug Reports