NOAA Forecast Service Not Available

Having problems? Perhaps others have had similar issues. Post HydroFLASH technical issues here.

NOAA Forecast Service Not Available

Postby ShortBus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 pm

I have been having an erratic NOAA temperature adjustment applied since the most recent firmware update. Today I am sure that I should have had a 5% decrease due to today's forecasted temp (99 for the high with an average for the month of 103 with a 5% decrease set to happen at a 3 degree variance). I haven't been able to put my finger on a problem until today. According to my log, It appears as if my HydroFlash unit quit trying to download the NOAA weather on the 19th with the last failed attempt that evening at 20:05. I did not check the NOAA page links that are available on my status page at the time of failure however, they do work currently. It is possible that the NOAA website might have been unreachable at the attempted download times as I have three internet users that are heavy video streamers. At times, the heavy video streaming can cause delays in other web browsing. I am not sure if that would be the cause but it might contribute. I have enclosed a couple of pictures to demonstrate. Additionally, sometime in the last few days the power did go off briefly during the night. Edit: I just noticed that the most recent weather conditions display on my HF Android app are from July 19, 2014 10:55 EDT. "No data" exists under the "NOAA 12 Hour Probability of Precipitation Forecast" But with data populating for the "NOAA 7 Day Temperature Forecast with today being equal to last Saturday. Edit again: As a further update, a reboot fixed the problems with data being populated in all of the appropriate fields. Just to verify; this type of behavior has been exhibited in the past. This time I suspect the problem is related to a power outage that apparently happened in the predawn Sunday hours. Thinking out loud; this device is ready before my DSL modem can provide the internet gateway and possibly before my wireless router can provide a radio signal as the HF unit is connected by LAN to a WiFi client which connects to my router. I hope this helps.
HF status.PNG
HF status.PNG (46.55 KiB) Viewed 5835 times
[
Attachments
HF Log.PNG
HF Log.PNG (91 KiB) Viewed 5835 times
Last edited by ShortBus on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShortBus

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Re: NOAA Forecast Service Not Available

Postby Support » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm

From you Log it shows that you should be obtaining updated forecast data, however it appears that the status screen reflects that you are not for some reason.

Can you please provide the values entered on your Lat/Long to support@hydroflash.net along with a contact number?

Thanks,
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: NOAA Forecast Service Not Available

Postby ShortBus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:41 pm

An update:

This was possibly an anomaly, as the "stuck thread process" issue was unable to be duplicated with the diagnostic firmware that Brooks sent to me within a day of the original post. I have updated my HydroFLASH unit to version three anticipating no further issues.
ShortBus

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Return to Bug Reports