Connection Timed Out

Having problems? Perhaps others have had similar issues. Post HydroFLASH technical issues here.

Re: Connection Timed Out

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:19 pm

It turns out that I am having the same problem with the HydroFlash unit losing connection to the cloud server. I had not previously had this issue until about three weeks ago. This is what it says when I login via wifi:HF to Cloud Connection State : Connection Error. So in other words the iphone app hasn't been able to connect for around 3 weeks. Nothing has changed in my home wifi. Any ideas?
Dave

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby Support » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi,

I am responding to what appears to be two different conditions.
Chapo - The condition you reported is similar to what we have seen on occasion from a few installations. We are currently testing an updated driver that hopefully will address this case. (Perhaps we can send you a beta version to test if you like)

To help us further:
Can you confirm that your HydroFLASH wireless settings are set to Frequency Band BG and not ALL?
Have you made any changes to your wireless configuration outside of HydroFLASH?
How long does it run before happening?

Dave - So you can access the HydroFLASH Web page interface on you local WiFi, but HydroFLASH shows on the status page / LCD that the the Cloud status is Connection Error? That condition would seem to indicate that the WiFi is working, but outgoing connections to the Cloud are not working. Can you tell us if your METAR data is updating correctly each hour? (That too is an outgoing connection, along with the Time Server connections 4 times per day) Can you send support a copy of your log file at support@hydroflash.net?
What is the uptime value shown on the current status page?
What version of software are you currently using in HydroFLASH?
Does power cycling HydroFLASH resolve the issue? or does it persist?

Chapo / Dave,
For detailed support it would be best to send email directly to support as that results in a more timely solution in most cases and can address individual issues better.

Thanks,
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 pm

As a follow-up to this, Cycling the unit on and off produced the same results. It did not connect it with the cloud. Yes metar was updating hourly. I reloaded the most recent firmware and it has been working the way that it should for several days now with being able to access it via home computer and iphone app. Keeping my fingers crossed :ugeek:
Dave

Postby chapo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Sorry for the slow reply. My Hydroflash is set to BG and I have made no recent changes to my wireless set up. I flashed the latest firmware the day it came out I believe. Since that time it has happened twice, so it does not happen regularly. I would say the last time was a few weeks ago maybe. A reboot takes care of the problem, but until then I have no way of accessing the controller from my computer or phone. I would be more than happy to flash any beta software you want me to try out.

Thanks
chapo

Postby chapo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:41 am

I had the connection time out again on the newest firmware. It has been a long time since I have had this happen. I think I only had the new firmware installed a couple days before it happened. No settings on the hydroflash or router were changed. If you need more information let me know. As usual a reboot fixes the problem.
chapo

Postby Support » Thu May 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi,

Can you please download the two log files under the Log file directory (via the web page interface) and send them to support@hydroflash.net.

Additionally include a contact number and a good time to call. We want to review the log file data and then speak with you directly if you have a few moments.

Thanks,
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Mobile App Type: Both

Postby twander1 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:14 pm

I've had this problem and solved it by switching firewall security back to the default of Minimum rather than Typical on my xfinity modem/router.
twander1

Mobile App Type: iPhone

Postby twander1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 pm

If you are an Comcast/xfinity internet customer and your HF has issues when trying to connect to cloud status (direct always worked fine), lower the security setting in your modem/router (10.0.0.1) back to default, which is low but probably not a big deal. I was experiencing connection errors, time outs, socket drops or whatever and after hours of trying things and researching, merely switched the security setting and perfecto. I have HF wifi at two homes and use for sprinklers and insteon. HF rocks!
twander1

Mobile App Type: iPhone

Previous

Return to Bug Reports