Garage Door Status Backwards

Discussions related to Insteon Devices, Scheduling, etc.

Re: Garage Door Status Backwards

Postby briangray » Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Yes, you connect the "N/O" and "common" terminals (the two on the far right) on the I/O Linc to the two terminals on the garage door opener that the wall button connects to. It is in parallel with the wall button.

Then, you connect the "sense" and "ground" terminals to the magnetic sensor switch. I put my switch in the side of the door at the top. That was easiest in my garage.

The other thing to pay attention to is the switches "mode." That is described in the full manual (http://www.insteon.com/pdf/2450.pdf). It says that the default is "Latching" mode. Latching mode can potentially mess up the operation of your wall buttn, so you want to get that right. Might be worth verivying with a multimeter before you wire it up.

I think mine was defaulted to "Momentary B." "Momentary C" is their recommendation for garage doors, but I prefer Momentary B. The manual explains the process to change modes.
briangray

HydroFLASH Type: ----
Mobile App Type: ----
Insteon Devices: ----

Postby mwilson » Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 am

That's what I thought. It should be a day of fun hooking it all up on Saturday. Thanks again for all the help. I agree, the HF controller seems much better than other Insteon controllers I've seen.
mwilson

Postby Support » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 am

Thanks Brian for sharing your experience and helping out!
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby mwilson » Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 pm

If I could sum up the HydroFlash system in a word, it would be serendipity. All I needed was an controller with an app, and here I am now automating the rest of the house.
mwilson

Postby mwilson » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:15 pm

All done, piece of cake. Works perfectly, but if I were to nitpick, the sensor status update is delayed a bit (takes a few refreshes to reflect the current state). The green led is on or off instantly though on the insteon device. Brian, can you confirm this is how yours is behaving? If anything, I'm inclined to believe its an insteon issue.
mwilson

Postby Support » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi,

Glad to hear you got your GDO interface working successfully. The delayed status you are seeing is related to the update time when polling your Insteon devices. We will have an updated version of software out soon that will allow you to reverse link your Insteon I/O link so that it will send out a message when it's input state changes. This is then read by HF and will update the reflected status instantly. Currently it can take up to a minute or more depending on the number of Insteon devices you have and the position in the polling sequence.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby mwilson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Brooks,

Nah, it doesn't bother me. In the end it shows correctly. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong on my end.

Thanks,
Nick
mwilson

Postby tonysony » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:45 am

Perhaps I should start a new subject. I have my garage door opener working fine, however, the open or closed status of the LED on the keypad link doesn't change according to the status of the garage door. Anyone else run into this in their installation? If I operate the GDO with the GDO switch, the LED on the keypad link gets out of sync also. I read above about latching versus momentary on the garage door opener kit but when I got it to work I never made note of it for future reference and that might have something to do with it also. If I remember correctly, the kit comes out of the box set at Momentary and my HydroFlash is set up as Momentary I/O linc. Just can't get the LED on the Keypad Link to update accordingly.
tonysony

Postby briangray » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I do not have a KPL, so this is a total guess from reading other posts...

I think that the issue is how you have setup the KPL. I think that you need to set the KPL button in either "Always On" or "Always Off" mode. Then, make sure that the I/O Linc is set to either Momentary A or Momentary B.

The other thing I read is that you may need to setup the KPL button as both a controller and responder. So, that means creating two scenes between the I/O Linc and the KPL button.
briangray

Postby AdamGrey » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:01 am

The problem you are discussing is related to the software of the system and it requires a professional to sort it out, my experience with The best Doorway repair Accurate Garage Door Houston has been great, they will be able to help you.
AdamGrey

PreviousNext

Return to Insteon Controls