HydroFLASH Beta Version 99.01.20

Pre-Release Firmware for HydroFLASH

Re: HydroFLASH Beta Version 99.01.20

Postby Support » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:02 pm

We will be adding a minimum temperature watering option which will take care of your requirement without the need to create some sort of scene to accomplish that. It will work similar to the Rain Delay except there is no delay time. If the the temp is or drops below the user specified value then watering is prevented or if running is canceled. We will likely choose a hysteresis value that will be fixed.

While it would also be possible to implement a preemptive shut off similar to the percent chance of rain, it's not clear if that is needed. Perhaps you can expand on your reasoning for this and it will be considered.

Thanks!
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Postby WitteGeek402 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear! I make assumptions everyone has to do this. Where I live it will be dry and warm enough that I have to water my yard, followed a few days later my temperatures which will cause the water to freeze and my copper line (and the pressure regulator on it) to burst. Which is expensive!

So I had to water on Monday (and leave town) and by Thursday the weather had shifted so that we were expecting an overnight temperature of 28F. I'm not back until Friday and so I had my wife shut one valve and open 3 others then run a cycle. This has the effect of reducing the likelihood my lines will burst. I have blown a regulator or two in the past. And would like to not have that problem again.

In general the additional events I would like (let me know if I should move this to feature requests) temperature external, current and predicted temperature. I'm certain others have even cooler ideas.
WitteGeek402

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android

Postby xuv224 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

The updated firmware and android app work great! The scene editor is excellent and allows for great flexibility.

Just one addition and one small change would make it perfect:

1. Support to control ceiling fans, via Insteon fan modules (2475F) and its associated Keypad link modules (2334-232)

2. In the Android app, the displayed text for I/O links, like garage doors still says “Turn On” - Garage doors aren’t turned on, so a different text label would be better (The Internet Explorer text says now says correctly “Mom On” . Could the text in the phone app also say “Mom On”?

Also: Is there a way to access HF via Laptop / Internet Explorer from outside the home network, assuming the router is configured for that? What ports have to be forwarded? Can a DNS redirect service, like NoIP.com, be used for those with non-static IP addresses?
xuv224

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android

Postby Support » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 am

xuv224
1. Support to control ceiling fans, via Insteon fan modules (2475F) and its associated Keypad link modules (2334-232)

We will look into adding these devices and let you know.

2. In the Android app, the displayed text for I/O links, like garage doors still says “Turn On” - Garage doors aren’t turned on, so a different text label would be better (The Internet Explorer text says now says correctly “Mom On” . Could the text in the phone app also say “Mom On”?

Yes this is a plausible solution to the Turn On vs OPEN label. The reality is that it should be a user selected label configured for the device depending on how you are using the I/O Linc. We will review the options.

Also: Is there a way to access HF via Laptop / Internet Explorer from outside the home network, assuming the router is configured for that? What ports have to be forwarded? Can a DNS redirect service, like NoIP.com, be used for those with non-static IP addresses?

Yes. You can port forward port 80 which is the Web Page or you can configure it to operate on a port of your choosing via the settings page and port forward your router to that port. Internally you would need to add the port number to you browser address like. http:\\192.168.1.50:8080 if you moved it from the default of 80 to 8080 in order to connect to it locally. Same is true for the mobile app port setting if you wanted to connect direct vs cloud access.

There is much information on port forwarding on the web so won't cover it here. You can get a domain name and use DynDNS or other services to be able to access your IP address on your home network for most providers (EXCEPT VERIZION WIRELESS!!) as they use NAT and you can't get to your IP address unless you pay them a fee of $500 to make your IP address "public facing"! Not pretty....

WitteGeek402
In general the additional events I would like (let me know if I should move this to feature requests) temperature external, current and predicted temperature.

We will have to give this some thought....Current Temp and External would be the same at the moment based on METAR data. If you had a option that stated if the current temp OR the Predicted Temp was less than a user entered value the system would not water or cancel? It sounds like you are trying to purge a line based on the temperature by articulating valves. If this is the case and you are wanting to do a special sequence (or perhaps you have this sequence stored in one of the programs?) Can you be even more specific as to what the needed action would be based on the temperature threshold?

Thanks,
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

Postby Support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:15 am

We will be releasing this version as 2.0.0 tomorrow and in all currently shipping units.

The iPhone app is currently undergoing final testing and should be submitted to apple for approval later this week.

Thanks!
HydroFLASH Team
Support

Postby cjenifer123 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks for this new version
cjenifer123

HydroFLASH Type: Don't Currently Have a HydroFLASH
Mobile App Type: None