Water Every X days Example

Discussions related to Watering, Schedules etc.

Water Every X days Example

Postby Support » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Below are the instructions to create a scene script to water every X days. We are looking to integrate this option into the Water Programs page in the future to make it easier.

1. On the Watering Programs link. Enter the Station run times in Hours and Minutes format for each station.

2. Check the "Enabled" check box for all stations you want to be active. Since you are using a Scene program to activate and stipulate the days to run you do not need to select any days on the Watering Programs screen NOR do you need to Enable any Start TImes. Go ahead and check a 'Assigned Start Time Box' for each so that you HydroFLASH will calculate a Total Run Time value for your reference and it will be displayed in the RunTime column at the top of the page.

3. Save these settings.

Snap1.jpg
Snap1.jpg (163.19 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

Go the to Insteon Programs and then click the Edit Scenes link at the top of the page.
image2.png
image2.png (15.59 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

(You will need to create A different Scene file for each program number 1 to 4)

1. On the Edit Scenes page first Enter New Scene Name and click Create Scene. Make it meaningful like "WaterEvery14DaysPgm1".

2. Select the Scene and click the Load Scene button.

3. Enter the following into the Scene Editor box.
WATERCYCLE, RUN, NONE, EVERYXDAYS; 14; 8/5/2014, 1

4. Click Save Changes button at top.

This creates a scene that when executed will run Program 1 every 14 days plus or minus the epoch date.

Snap2.jpg
Snap2.jpg (73.02 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

5. Then go to the Scene Programs using the link at the top of the page.

Snap3.jpg
Snap3.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

The Scene Programs is where you will schedule the Start Time of your watering Scene.

6.Select the Scene File you created from the pull down.

7. Enter the desired Start Time.

8. Select ALL days of the week. (You want the scene to execute every day to see if it is the 'desired' day to run.

9. Select Enabled.

10. Save Changes.

You are done!

Snap4.jpg
Snap4.jpg (89.2 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

So the result is your WaterEveryXDays scene file will be executed every day at the desired time and when executed, it will determine if it a qualified run day, and if so then it will run program 1.

You can also Manually Test the scene by going to the Manual Insteon Link, select the Scene Control link and manually execute the Watering scene you created. If the day is a qualified day the program will run immediately. You can can change the epoch date in your scene file to "today" and test using the Manual Scene control. This is a great way to test scenes after you have crafted one up to ensure you have it entered correctly in the scene editor.

Snap5.jpg
Snap5.jpg (71.09 KiB) Viewed 10828 times
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version
Mobile App Type: Both
Insteon Devices: Yes

Re: Water Every X days Example

Postby WitteGeek402 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 pm

When this scene is called does it still understand if the rain delay or if weather data rain delay is activated?
WitteGeek402

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH Wired Version
Mobile App Type: Android

Postby Support » Sun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Yes it does the same weather conditions evaluation that is performed for other scheduled watering programs including temperature, wind, rain etc.
Brooks
HydroFLASH Support
Support

HydroFLASH Type: HydroFLASH WiFi Version

Postby WitteGeek402 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Awesome! Thank you.
WitteGeek402

Mobile App Type: Android

Postby NYcRavi » Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Hey Guys,

I know this an old post but I would love to finally get this working this season. Before starting, I was hoping for some clarification...

I water my front yard and backyard on separate days ( 13 zones and 4.5hrs total)

What happens when a rain delay is initiated?

Does it revert and wait for the next X day? x=3

I am attempting to avoid a conflict since I usually water between 4-6am, my well couldn't possibly maintain that kind or draw if both my front and back yard end up watering on the same day and time.

Thanks,
Ravi
NYcRavi

Return to Irrigation Controls